Gamealot would be nothing without YOU—the players wanting to play the games!
There will be dozens of scheduled games available for you to join. Discord Rooms will be available for unscheduled pick up games.
How to Register as a Player
**If your plans change and you no longer wish to be registered for a game, please use the online event management system to remove your name.**
Being in the Waitlist room
The number of available seats varies for each game and is listed on each game session’s page in the Gamealot schedule. Hosts will post if they need players in the Waitlist room.
If you want to play a game and it is full, please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the session and check in the Waitlist room.
Read our Event Sign-up and Waitlist Policy for more details.
Preparing to Play
- You do not need to know how to play the game beforehand. However, you may wish to read through the instructions ahead of time. The game publisher’s website or Board Game Geek should have these available online.
- Check your Event Schedule page to find out where your game table is located.
- Be on time. Hosts reserve the right to give your seat to someone else if you do not show within 10 minutes of the start of your session.
- Verify the platform the game is being run on. Ensure that you have an account with the platform that the game is being run on before Gamealot starts.
- If you can play a game or two on the platform so you are familiar with how to roll dice and such prior to gamealot you may enhance your weekend enjoyment!
A Couple Last Points
Thank you for helping to create a welcoming, friendly atmosphere over the years!
- Newcomers, we are happy to have you at Gamealot! Feel free to ask your host questions if you’re not clear on something.
- Experienced players, we’d likely to gently remind you that everyone learns at different a pace. Please be helpful, considerate and patient.
- All games will implement Safety Tools to better ensure a positive gaming experience for everyone at Gamealot. All tabletop games will be Open Tables.
- We do not tolerate harassment of any kind. Please help maintain a positive, friendly atmosphere by discouraging poor sportsmanship, and if necessary, reporting foul language or crude behaviour.
- HAVE FUN